In October 2021 we launched new, secure online donation forms.
You can still give with your credit card with our new forms, but now you also have other options:
- You can now donate directly from your bank account.
- You can make a one-time or a monthly bank account donation.
- You can split your donation between up to 5 charities or funds (more info below).
This blog post answers the following common questions we receive about our new online giving options:
- When will I receive my donation tax receipt?
- How do I change or cancel my donation?
- How do I split my donation across multiple charities or funds?
- How did you calculate the processing costs quoted below the payment types?
- What if I have another question?
When will I receive my donation tax receipt?
You will immediately receive a confirmation email. You will receive your official donation receipt via email within a two business days of submitting your donation.
How do I change or cancel my donation?
Bank account donations
We now offer bank account donations direct through our new online forms. If you’d set up a bank account donation (direct debit) with us before October 2021, our team migrated your account over.
If you would like to change or cancel a bank account donation, regardless of when you set it up, please email our team and we’ll be happy to make any changes.
Credit card donations
We have recently changed the way we manage credit card donations: previously all credit card donations were made through Charitable Impact, but in October we soft-launched our own system on our website. This means we are asking all of our credit card donors to migrate over to our new system.
If you set up your credit card donation before October 13, 2021:
You will need to cancel your recurring donation through Charitable Impact. You can do this through the “Cancel my donation” link in any of the emailed tax receipts from Charitable Impact. These receipts are sent from [email protected], and they are titled “Your tax receipt for your gift to [charity name]”, where the charity name is any campaign supported by Rethink Charity Foundation.
Once canceled, you can set up a new gift on RC Forward here. From then on, whenever you need to change or cancel your credit card donation, please email our team.
If you set up your credit card donation after October 13, 2021:
Please email our team to change or cancel your credit card donation.
How do I split my donation across multiple charities or funds?
Say you want to donate $2,000 in total, split equally between Charity A and Fund B. Here’s how you’d do that in the donation form:
- Click “Donate” on the RC Forward page for Charity A.
- Enter the total amount you wish to donate (in this example, the overall total would be $2,000).
- Enter your billing information, and hit “Next.” IMPORTANT: By clicking the Next button, you will be charged. You will have the opportunity to split your gift among up to 5 charities on the following page.
- Select Fund B as an additional allocation.
- Allocate your desired amount to Charity A and Fund B (e.g., $1,000 each).
- Complete the donation form!
How did you calculate the processing costs quoted below the payment types?
Credit card donations (7.2% processing costs)
If you would like 100% of your credit card donation (e.g., $1,000) to reach the charities you support, you will need to donate $1,072.
If you give with your credit card, a 2.8% processing fee is charged at the time of transaction by a third party. Our 4% operations allocation is deducted from the amount net of this processing fee.
Here’s the math: (1072-[1072*0.028]-[(1072*0.972)*0.04])=1000
- If you do not cover the processing fees of your $1,000 credit card donation, $933 will reach the charity.
- If you do cover the processing fees of your $1,000 credit card donation, your donation will total $1,072 and $1,000 will reach the charity.
Unless your credit card rewards are particularly valuable, we recommend saving on fees by using bank account donations.
Bank account donations (4.2% processing costs)
If you are donating through your bank account and would like 100% of your donation (e.g., $1,000) to reach the charities you support, then you will need to donate $1,042.
We deduct a 4% operations allocation to all donations made through RC Forward.
Here’s the math: (1042-[1042*.04])=1000
- If you do not cover the processing fees of your $1,000 bank account donation, $960 will reach the charity.
- If you do cover the processing fees of your $1,000 bank account donation, your donation will total $1,042 and $1,000 will reach the charity.
What if I have more questions that aren’t answered here?
If you have questions, please email our team and we will connect with you as soon as we can. We would also love to hear your candid feedback about your donation experience with the new forms.
Thank you for using RC Forward!