Friends of Kijabe’s purpose is to provide financial support for the AIC Kijabe Hospital mission to provide healthcare to God’s glory in three areas:
- Needy Patients: Ensuring high-quality, compassionate, affordable medical services are available to all patients, regardless of ability to pay.
- Medical Education: Supporting excellent medical education with discipleship and leadership development focus.
- Major Projects: Funding strategic capital projects so Kijabe clinicians can offer world-class treatment in beautiful, well-equipped facilities.
Kijabe Hospital at a glance:
- Founded in 1905
- Located in Kenya, East Africa, 1 hour northwest of Nairobi
- 200,000 Outpatients
- 20,000 Inpatients
- 10,000 Surgeries
- 3,000 Deliveries
- 1,000 NICU Admissions
- 30 Consultant Physicians
- 25 Medical Interns
- 20 Surgery Residents/Fellows
- 10 Chaplains
- 300 Kijabe College of Health Sciences students
- 150 International Visiting Clinicians
Cost of support (in USD):
- $1,000 — Average assistance for a needy patient surgery (250 patients/year)
- $2,000/year — Cost for Kijabe College of Health Sciences nursing or advanced degree tuition (15 sponsorships needed)
- $25,000/year — Funding for one Surgical/Anesthesia resident (2 needed)
- $850,000 — New Operating Theatre complex ($650,000 already raised)
- $4,000,000 — New Outpatient Center (over the next decade)