Ought is a machine learning research lab automating open-ended reasoning. Ought is building Elicit, an AI-based research assistant for researchers, forecasters, and policy analysts.
Researchers teach Elicit how to perform a task by providing a few examples. Elicit then uses GPT-3 to scale that task to thousands of publications, questions, and data sources, beyond human capacity.
Researchers can use Elicit to help define their research question by:
- Decomposing an ambiguous research question into key factors and more concrete questions
- Searching over proprietary datasets to find related projects or questions from stakeholders
- Find the most relevant think tank publications
- Find relevant datasets
- Find caption-dataset pairs from relevant publications
- Find relevant questions on forecasting platforms