Community-based and locally-led, our poverty graduation program provides seed capital via mobile transfer, training, and mentoring to create income-generating, sustainable businesses and savings groups for Africans living on $1.90 USD a day or less, permanently breaking the cycle of poverty for themselves and their families. Village Enterprise has started over 54,000 businesses, trained over 204,000 entrepreneurs, and positively impacted the lives of over 1,170,000 people in Africa. Our organization is also one of the only non-profits in the world to be recognized at the highest level by Charity Navigator, Guidestar, The Life You Can Save, Founders Pledge, Million Lives Club, and Great Nonprofits. Currently, we operate in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Mozambique, and Democratic Republic of Congo.
Join us in ending extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Each business is composed of three entrepreneurs and lifts an average of 20 people out of extreme poverty. Fund sustainable businesses and transform lives.
What you can do with your donation (impact estimates in Canadian Dollars):
- With $50 you can lift one person out of extreme poverty
- With $130 you can provide one year of training and mentoring for a business
- With $190 you can provide the seed capital to jumpstart a business
- With $995 you can launch a small business
- With $1,990 you can lift six families out of extreme poverty
- With $49,710 you can lift an entire village out of extreme poverty