We last updated this page on January 10, 2023.
This page shares updates about the status of your donation as it moves through the international regranting process.
More information about the regranting process is available below the quarterly progress bars.
If you donated in Q4, 2022 (Oct-Dec), your donation is at
If you donated in Q3, 2022 (Jul-Sep), your donation is at
If you donated in Q2, 2022 (Apr-Jun), your donation is at
If you donated in Q1, 2022 (Jan-Mar), your donation is at
If you donated in Q4, 2021 (Oct-Dec), your donation is at
If you donated in September 2022 or earlier, your donation has been regranted to the charities you supported*. Thanks to you, RC Forward has moved over $20 million to high-impact charities since 2017.
On behalf of our team, our partner charities, and their beneficiaries, thank you!
*In a few cases, we are still finalizing allocations.
More information about the regranting steps
- Step 1 (awaiting regrant): Your donation will start moving in the next quarterly regranting process.
- Step 2 (in movement): Your donation is moving; it’s undergoing exchange from CAD to USD.
- Step 3 (in compliance): Third-party compliance checks are being completed before regranting your donation from Canada to the United States.
- Step 4 (in the US): Your donation has been regranted to the United States.
- Step 5 (regranted to the charity): Your donation is being regranted to the charity or charities you donated to! They should receive your gift in a few days.
Learn more about the regranting process
RC Forward is a donation platform that facilitates an international donation regranting process designed to empower Canadian donors to support effective charities in a tax-efficient and cost-effective manner.
Through our partners, donations are regranted quarterly. This means that in some cases, it may take several months for your donation to reach the intended recipient charity. There are several manual steps we facilitate in order to complete the regranting of your donations, and the timing of these steps is not entirely in our control.
Want more info? Learn more about the regranting process in the section “Donor impressions from ease of use” in our 2019 cost-effectiveness analysis, published on the EA Forum.